Welcome to the Website of First Baptist Church of North Conway, New Hampshire
Ministries of First Baptist Church
At First Baptist Church, we are interested in worshiping and serving the Lord Jesus Christ and in meeting the spiritual needs of our church family at every level of spiritual development. In order to accomplish this, we have a variety of ministries, such as . . .
Sunday School for all ages, 9:30 A.M.
Sunday Morning Worship, 10:45 A.M.
(Nursery is available during the services for infants through age 4. Junior Church for kids 4 up through 3rd grade is every Sunday morning except the last of each month.)
Sunday Evening Service, 5:00 P.M.
Wednesday Prayer Meeting and Bible Study, 6:30 P.M.
Our music consists of conservative, traditional hymns.
Mary and Martha Ladies' Fellowship meets the second Monday of every month for Bible study, prayer and fellowship.
The King's Men Fellowship meets the third Monday of each month for mutual encouragement, Bible challenge and prayer.
Spring Bible Conference each May.
Fall Lecture Series each October.
Solid Rock Publications-Quality Christian literature for Bible study, spiritual growth and evangelism.
Home Bible Studies for personal and family growth.
Ministerial Training Program-academic and practical preparation for full-time ministry in a local church setting.
How to Know You are Going to Heaven
Yes, it is possible to know for certain that you are going to heaven! This certainty is based on the promises of God in His Word, the Bible. How can you know that your sins are forgiven, and that God has reserved a place for you with Him?
- All of us are sinners. Romans 3:23 tells us that "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." There is not a single ma, woman or child who can claim to have no sin in God's eyes.
- The fair punishment for our sins is death. Romans 6:23 says "For the wages of sin is death . . ." If we were to receive what we truly deserve for our sin against the holy character of God, it would be eternal death!
- God loves you and sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to pay the price for your sins. Galatians 2:20 says that ". . . the Son of God . . . loved me and gave Himself up for me." Since death is the penalty for sin, Jesus Christ--the One Who never sinned, never broke God the Father's law--willingly sacrificed Himself for you and me. He died on the cross, taking the punishment that you and I deserve.
- WE receive God's gift of salvation not by working for it, nor by trying to be a good person, but by trusting in Christ as our Savior. Romans 4:5 tells us "But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, His faith is credited to him as righteousness."
- Our salvation depends only on Jesus Christ, and His death, burial and resurrection, and not on how "good" we are, or how well we live the Christian life. His promise is, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me will live even if He dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die" (John 11:25, 26).
P.O. Box 600 (2665 White Mountain Highway)
North Conway, NH 03860
We're located on Route 16 in the Mount Washington Valley, right in the heart of North Conway Village. In fact, we're across the street from the Conway Scenic Railroad, and next door to Zeb's General Store.
All pictures on the site are credited to S. Brown.